Friday, March 12, 2010

A Brown Sea

I think I am grateful for the torrential rain last night as it got rid of the last of the snow around the Pond House but rain brings clouds so my spirits droop accordingly!  The disappearance of the snow reveals brown leaves, trillions of them, as far as the eye can see!







 The previous people in the house were tenants and they apparently didn't think leaf clearing was one of their responsibilities.  We moved in around the middle of November and with all the unpacking and the absence of the WT for the first three weeks (don't ask, okay?) and then continuous (or so it seemed) snow cover until now,  leaf clearing was about # 52 on the To Do list!  Now of course they weigh a TON and are wet!  This is going to be a bit at a time project.  In case you're wondering I'm not planning on clearing back into the woods, just around the house and flowerbeds!

To show that all is not doom and gloom around here I'll leave you with a little bit of spring - on my kitchen counter!


Please leave a cheery comment or have a moan if you feel like it! 

4 comments:

  1. Our back yard is mostly mud, but I saw a robin yesterday!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i don't envy you that job babes ..lol it looks fab tho :) love the stitchy room love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo glad we only have a few leaves in our back yard from next doors tree, don't envy you...or are you waiting til your WT is back and hint loudly? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a big pile of compost in your future :)
    Swing by my blog I have a fun award for your.
    http://stitchacrosstheborder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete