I was extremely tickled last night to receive the beautiful Blogger award from Carol a fellow Scot now living in Tennessee, tickled because right now beautiful is not quite how I would describe the blog, I'm thinking Carol has the gift of sight and is seeing the Pond House surrounded by some green and other colours! Thank you, Carol!
1. Accept the award
2. Thank the person who gave you the award
3. Add a link to the person who gave you the award
4. Put the award on your blog
5. Write 10 things about yourself others might not know
6. Pass the award on to 10 others
Ten things about me - hmmmm...
- Although British, the longest I've lived anywhere at one time is in the States, in Sewickley, PA for nine years (in two houses, lol!)
- I met my husband of nearly 39 years while ice skating in Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK when I was 18
- I was Head Girl of my school, at a convent in Norfolk!
- I've been wearing purple since I was a teenager
- We've lived here and paid taxes for twenty one years but still haven't taken the final step of citizenship
- I attended 12 schools (and no, I wasn't thrown out of any of them!)
- While living in Egypt I had a turkey as a pet, called Willy (I have a photograph)
- I am chronically untidy (the WT told me I had to put that one in)
- I am a champion procrastinator
- I am a good listener
- Yvette, White Threads, because I've been enjoying her account of life in Ethopia
- Ann, Calico and Cards, for her cooking, gardening and sewing
- Nip it in the Bud as her ongoing posts about the Imperial War Museum are fascinating and I used to nip (sorry) there in my lunch hour when I worked in Lambeth
- Roberta, Simply Stitching in the Garden, because I just enjoy the mix of posts on her blog
- Abi, Stitching Bee, because it was through her blog that I found on Jane Greenoff's site, that I got into blogging.....
- Lee, Lake Stitcher, as I love the title picture at the top of her blog (and the content also!)
- Redwitch, because I like her humour and her cat!
- Carol, Stitching Dreams, because I wish I'd known her when I lived in Sewickley and because she needs us for encouragement since she lives in a household of men!
- Jo, Boos Mummy, as despite having three very young children, she manages to stitch! I am also reminded of me at that stage in life.....AND we lived on the same army base in Germany, a hundred years apart!
- And last but very much not least, YoYo, Dragon My Needle, because without her kind help I would not have been able to put in these links!